FT-450D HF/50MHz Transceiver with IF DSP
- SPECIAL PRICE!
We proudly introduce the new 2nd generation FT-450D 100-Watt HF/50MHz ultra compact HF Transceiver. The FT-450D follows on the success that the FT-450 achieved among Amateur Radio operators.
The FT-450D is a compact yet superb HF/50MHz radio with state-of-the-art IF DSP technology configured to provide World Class performance in an easy to operate package. Suitable for all applications; beginners, casual operators, enthusiasts, portable/field users and emergency service providers.
The rugged die-cast chassis makes it perfect for mobile usage and it's packed with easy-to-use features.
The FT-450D's ATU (Automatic Antenna Tuner) includes 100 memories for quick tuning during field operation when using a folded dipole, for example.
The new FT-450D provides World Class performance in an easy to operate package. The performance remains at the same high level as the 1st generation AT model; a built-in ATU, 100 Watts of output power on SSB, CW and FM (25 Watts AM), with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) utilized throughout the design, providing leading-edge performance on both transmit and receive.
New additional features are:
• Key Illumination
• Foot Stand
• CW narrow 300 Hz IF DSP Filter available without any optional filters
• Classically Designed Main Dials and Knobs
• Striking new black and white look
• Supplied with the MH-31A8J hand microphone with up/down and fast keys and a tone selector switch.
- Large, informative LCD Negative type Front Panel Display with convenient Control knobs and Switches. The display shows the Frequency, S-Meter, a Graphical indication of RF to IF settings, and the DSP Interference Elimination settings (Contour, Notch, DNR, WIdth and Shift).
- Key, Mic & Phone jacks are provided on the front panel for handy access.
- Compact Size & Lightweight.
- Rugged aluminium die-cast chassis with large thermostatically-controlled cooling fan.
- Operates anywhere using the built-in Automatic Antenna Tuner, or optional External Antenna Tuning systems.
- 67.899 MHz 4 pole 10kHz Roofing Filter (MCF/Monolithic Crystal Filter) and 8 band-pass filters at the RF stages provide excellent suppression of out-of-band interference.
- 20dB Att (Attenuator) and IPO (Intercept Point Optimization) feature allows optimisation of the receiver front-end characteristics, to improve receiver dynamic range.
- Legendary Yaesu IF DSP system, well regarded among top and world-class DX operators.
- Independent Fast IF Shift control.
- Functions for eliminating interference together with IF Shift.
- Contour Control Operation with Yaesu's unique CONTOUR filter.
- Manual IF Notch.
- Digital Noise Reduction (DNR).
- IF Width Tuning.
- 10-Preset Digital Microphone Equalizer selections.
- DSP VOX Operation.
- Two Voice Memories (SSB/AM/FM) stores up to 10 seconds of audio in each memory.
- Digital Voice Announcement, announces Frequency, Mode and S-Meter readings.
- Selectable 300Hz/500Hz/2.4kHz CW IF Filters.
- Built-in Electronic Keyer.
- Keyer speed adjustable between 4 WPM and 60 WPM.
- Weight (Dot:Dash Ratio) adjustable.
- T/R recovery delay programmable (30 - 3000ms)
- CW Beacon - Up to 118 characters using the CW message keyer 3 memory banks.
- Pitch Adjustment (400 - 800Hz, in 100Hz steps).
- CW Spotting (Zero-Beating) function.
- CW Reverse - provides BFO injection from LSB side instead of default USB side.
- Sidetone Generator.
- Keying on SSB modes.
- Keying using Up/Down keys on the microphone.
- Training feature sends random Morse Code via the built-in sidetone generator.
- Large, easy to read digital S-Meter with peak hold capability.
- QMB (Quick Memory Bank).
- Key Illumination.
- Versatile Memory System; up to 500 memory channels may be separated into as many as 13 Memory Groups.
- TXW, to monitor the Transmit Frequency when split frequency operation is engaged.
- Built-in TCXO for incredible ±1 ppm/hour stabiltiy (@ 25ºC, after warmup).
- Dedicated Data Jack for DATA operation (FSK RTTY available).
- CTCSS Operation (FM).
- My Band/My Mode functions; recalls your favourite operating environments.
- Lock Function.
- CS Switch to recall a favourite Menu Selection directly.
- TOT (TX Time Out Timer).
- Various Scan functions.
- CAT System (D-sub 9 pin) for Computer Programming.
- Cloning Capability.
SPECIFICATIONS FT-450D GENERAL RX Frequency Range 30 kHz - 56 MHz (operating) 160 - 6m (specified performance, Amateur bands only) TX Frequency Range 160 - 6m (Amateur bands only) Frequency Stability ±1 ppm/hour (@ 25ºC, after warm-up) Operating Temperature Range -10ºC - +50ºC Emission Modes A1A (CW), A3E (AM), J3E (LSB,USB), F3E (FM) Frequency Steps 1/10/20Hz (SSB & CW), 100/200Hz (AM & FM) Antenna Impedance 50 Ω, unbalanced Power Consumption RX (signal present) 1.5A TX (100W) 22A Supply Voltage 13.8 VDC, ±10% Dimensions (W x H x D, mm) 229 x 84 x 217 Weight (approx, Kg) 4.0 TRANSMITTER Power Output 100 Watts (25W, AM Carrier) Modulation Types J3E (SSB): Balanced A3E (AM): Low-Level (Early Stage) F3E (FM): Variable Reactance Maximum FM Deviation ±5.0 kHz / ±2.5 kHz Harmonic Radiation Better than -60dB (160 - 10m Amateur bands) Better than -70dB (6m Amateur band) SSB Carrier Suppression At least 60dB below peak output Undesired Sideband Suppression At least 60dB below peak output Audio Response (SSB) Not more than -6dB from 300 to 2400Hz Microphone Impedance 600Ω (200 to 10kΩ) RECEIVER Circuit Type Double-Conversion Superheterodyne Intermediate Frequencies (IF) 1st IF 67.899kHz / 2nd IF 24kHz Sensitivity (IPO Off, ATT: Off) SSB (BW: 2.4kHz, 10dB S+NN) 0.25µV (1.8 - 2.0MHz) 0.25µV (3.5 - 30MHz) 0.20µV (50 - 54 MHz) AM (BW: 6kHz, 10db S+NN) 30% modulation @ 400Hz 2.00µV (1.8 - 2.0MHz) 2.00µV (3.5 - 30MHz) 1.00µV (50 - 54MHz) FM (BW: 10kHz, 12dB SINAD) 0.50µV (28 - 30MHz) 0.30µV (50 - 54MHz) ** There is no specification in frequency ranges not listed. Squelch Sensitivity
(IPO Off, ATT: Off)
SSB/CW/AM 2.50µV (1.8 - 30MHz) 1.00µV (50 - 54 MHz) FM 0.32µV (28 - 30MHz) 0.16µV (50 - 54MHz) ** There is no specification in frequency ranges not listed. Selectivity (-6 / -60dB) Mode -6 dB -60 dB CW-N 0.25kHz or better 0.7kHz or better SSB 2.2kHz or better 4.5kHz or better AM 6kHz or better 20kHz or better FM 15kHz or better 30kHz or better FM-N 9kHz or better 25kHz or better Image Rejection 80dB or better IF Rejection 80dB or better (160 - 10m Amateur bands) 65dB or better (6m Amateur band) Maximum Audio Output 2.2W into 4Ω with 10% THD Audio Output Impedance 4 to 16Ω (8Ω: nominal) Conducted Radiation Less than 4000 µµW
- T-450D Transceiver
- MH-31A8J Microphone
- DC Power Cord with Fuse (T9025225)
- Spare Fuse
- Operation Manual
- Warranty Card